3.10.2008

Home again, drunkenly

I'm back home from four days of debauchery, I mean networking.

The Left Coast Crime Conference in Denver was tons of fun, and I got to see a lot of my favorite people. Special thanks to Twist Phelan, who put together the panel I was on: "Writers on the hot seat." We got lots of laughs, and I expect my seat to cool off within another day or two.

As always, the after-hours poker game was the highlight for me. Some of the funniest people I've ever known sat around that table: Bill Fitzhugh, Parnell Hall, Donna Moore, Steve Stillwell, John Billheimer, Troy Cook, etc.

Chris Goff and all the other volunteers in Denver threw a great party.

6 comments:

Judy Bobalik said...

Since I missed the Authors in the hot seat panel, I bought the cd. Just finished listening to it and it was wonderful. Great seeing you in Denver

Judy

Steve Brewer said...

Great seeing you, too, Judy. I called the Denver police and told them you'd stopped stalking me after I left town. All is forgiven.

;-)

Steve

Donna said...

Thanks for including me in such august company Steve! The poker was one of my highlights too. Great fun. Especially the 'winning all the lads' money' part :o) The Hot Seat panel was a hoot. As ever, it was great to see you. See you in Baltimore?
Donna

Steve Brewer said...

Hi Donna!

Don't think I'll make it to the Baltimore conference. Don't see any way my new book (which we're shopping around NY now) will be out in time.

But I'll certainly see you out there on the circuit.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me as one of the funny people. Makes me feel like I belong. Did you know I used to be somebody?

stilwell

Steve Brewer said...

Stilwell who?