3.23.2008

Seminar recovery

The how-to-write-a-mystery seminar my wife and I staged in Redding, CA, on Saturday went over very well, and we had a great time doing it. The students were smart and engaged, and we covered a lot of ground in six hours.

My only big mistake was standing throughout all of the lectures. By the end, my feet had swollen into two Goodyear blimps. This condition has required me to spend much of today with my feet propped up in front of televised March Madness games. Sigh. The things I suffer to help other writers . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As one of your fortunate students, I felt kind of sorry for the people who missed out on the chance to learn a lot about writing a novel. For example, the most valuable thing I picked up was the need for an outline. For some reason I thought writing a novel was just like writing one long column. Guess not. Thanks, Steve. Now, go soak your feet. Doni :)

Steve Brewer said...

At least you didn't say "Go soak your head."